Monday, February 14, 2005

Friends are fun.

lawgeekgurl : Whatcha doin'?
Claris : I'm making water
lawgeekgurl : Oh, okay. ::insert more conversation here::
Claris : ::mumbling:: Fuck. gradients take up too much memory. I need to reboot.
lawgeekgurl :Oh wait, you're making water on the computer...
Claris :What'd you think I was doing? I'm drawing on the computer, not like, reconfiguring the building blocks of the universe or anything.
lawgeekgurl :I dunno, I figured it was a euphamism for something, so I just...kept going. Wow. That's really hard, isn't it?
Claris :Yeah it is.
lawgeekgurl :Wasn't someone doing that a while ago? I remember seeing testing of graphics for that, & that it took them a really long time...wait, wasn't that you?
Claris : ::sigh:: sadly yes. I'm starting another project at work. I need to stop thinking shit up & going, "Yeah, I can do that!" 'cause after that? comes the part where I have to figure out how to make it happen.
lawgeekgurl :Yeah, that's generally a problem.

Actually, the best part of that conversation was where I referenced how they had to layer color onto gollum's skin as an example of what a pain in the ass it is to make natural 3-D textures, & the lawyer replied, "oh can't you just like, steal what they did or something? I mean, I don't think the LotR guys will be trying to buy ::stuff my co sells:: any time soon."
"Well I'm not actually making gollum. That was more an example."
"Right, plus stealing graphics isn't illegal at all."
"says THE LAWYER."

*snerk*

This is how we get one another into trouble, ladies & gentlemen....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home