Thursday, February 24, 2005

My job makes my brain hurrrrrrt....

Boss : We're (trans. ME) going to make a new brand identity for Product A, based on new findings.
Me : Okay.
Boss : I need marketing that highlights Medical Terminology A, B & C, since it has benefits in fighting Diagnosis A, B, & C.
Me : I don't know what any of that is.
Boss : Excuse me?
Me : Well, before I can you know, give you art for something, I need to know what it is and...no one's explained to me what exactly the product does if you want a new brand identity.
Boss : Well we've got a nutritionist and a Ph.D here, I'm sure that we have an idea of what we're doing.
Me : But your designers aren't nutritionists and Ph.Ds, and I don't have time to read through a billion page study especially since my degree is in design which isn't, you know, science. Therefore, I need you to give me an explanation of the product, what it does, and what it helps remedy, because Diagnosis A, B, & C? Yeah, I don't know what that is.
Boss : Well quickly I can tell you that Diagnosis A is...
Me : No. Written. I need it written down if for no other reason than so that when I'm looking at stuff on photos.com, I have a keyword for their search engine.
Boss : oh.
Me : and I'll need it by 10 am tomorrow morning for the meeting you scheduled so that the designers have a better idea of what's going on.
---------

I can see that I'll be sitting down tomorrow & making up a form of "Things you must be able to tell me about new products before I will work on their brand identity." ::facepalm:: There's this thing. It's called A Marketing Strategy. Maybe we should, you know look into doing that.

The only bright spot to my day is that so far, all my homework is caught up. Therefore, I'm using the 20 minutes I have before my next class to trot across the street to Subway...tra la la...

and for those of you that asked, I get to call Mr. Financial Aid back tomorrow.
::coffee commercial voice::
What Mr. Financial Aid doesn't know is that we've switched the normal college student who hasn't already been through all this crap before with Claris, whose prepared response in case of rejection will be, "Great. So...who's your boss? I'll be calling him next."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home