Thursday, March 17, 2005

I discovered an odd thing tonight.

My hipbones.
They're there, and I suppose I've always known there were there - theoretically, anyway. But over the last few months, I've had several bouts of what we'll gently refer to as "stress-induced nausea" & also some actual sickness which has caused me to lose more weight than I've had off since...my junior year of high school. Of course, this really isn't saying much since I've been about 20 lbs overweight my entire life. I am, indeed one of those girls who "would be just lovely if you lost a little more weight dear"... However as of late, my weight's dropped a bit, and today I bumped my hip on my car door while getting out at school (doesn't matter how much weight I lose, I'll always be a klutz!) & when I went to rub my hip, I discovered something surprising - I can feel my hipbone.

It's all...very odd. I mean, shit, I'm still at 175 & would have about another 20 lbs before being in the "weight range" for my height (when you're a 5'10" female, the one bad thing about weight loss is having to buy new jeans, because when you only have one brand that fits the way you want, you have to order the long or extra long for $60/pair) but um, yeah. I have hipbones. Now if I can get to the point where I have a flat stomach instead of the little fat deposit that's over my flat abs - then we've got a winner, people. I'll let you know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home