Saturday, March 26, 2005

I want my trees back.

so around my apt. bldg. are trees. Part of the reason I chose my apt. complex was because of these trees - there's not that much natural foliage in West LA that's not of the "manicured" variety.

I woke up this morning to the sound of chainsaws. In the name of fixing the roof, they'd already cut off the tops of the trees, & they were completely cutting down the one I'd always really liked that actually had grown around the arch of the stairway to the second level. Which means, if nothing else, that in our old building where air conditioners are pretty much a waste of electricity because the windows aren't airtight, we won't have the trees for shade & we're gonna roast. Plus, now a big part of the character of our building is gone.

I dunno. I know that, really, if any of us called the landlord to complain, we'd get told they're just trees, but it still makes me sad. And it's probably just another sign that my intentions to get out of LA are the right decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home