Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The berries taste like burning...

ye gads, my brain is dead. And it shouldn’t be – I have like, TEN things I could be doing now. Am I doing any of them? Natch. Instead, I’m randomly reading blogs of lawyers & law students (you guys are way funner than programmers, by the way) and trying to convince myself not to fall asleep.

The thing is, Spark!Co, this new gig…dude, it’s easy. Easy-peasy easy. And when you go from a job where you’re running all day ‘cause you’re overseeing about three ad campaigns to one where your new boss goes, “We’re going to be busy when you come back from vacation, but not so busy that you won’t have time to look around the internet and the like. I think having time for that is important.”
::blink:: m’kay…

I dunno. If nothing else, I feel kind of guilty at my sloth. I’m still waiting for them to hook me up with MS Access & then I can do my asp.net semester project while I’m here – I’m going to make a store locator database for my old employer’s site (I designed the site, it’s not like I don’t have a copy of their code at home!) and after I’ve turned it in for school, I’ll sell it to them as part of my freelancing since that means that they’ll be able to update their database online w/o needing a programmer to hard code it. Two birds & all that good jazz. Gotta get JT to send me the updated excel sheet so I can break that bad boy down by state…hrm.

Meanwhile, I’ve used my free time at work to finish the timeline of the 2nd book that Anya requested, & I’m seriously considering bringing in the writers’ guide that Golden had me get so I can grab the exercise for character development & make a profile for each of the main characters & some of the B arc. If they’re going to give me a 50% increase in pay over my old job & not that much to do for now, I might as well bang away at some of my side projects, right?

Right. Totally.

Oh, and E. Spat? lawgeekgurl says you’re not allowed to talk to me on AIM during class ‘cause if she had to suffer through the gulag w/o this “AIM mumbo jumbo”, so do you! *g*

2 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And then you can start sending out the first 3 chapters and going to CONFERENCES and SCHMOOZING with people until you publish. :)

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that was from Meg. I am not anonymous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home