Monday, May 16, 2005

Things that make you go, "erm..."

So I get into the elevator this morning upon arriving at work & notice that the certification for the elevator? Expired in 9/2004. Considering I now work for a major utility in So. Calif., that's, um, that's kind of ironic, ha ha, can't keep up with their own beauracracy & all that, ha ha...

An hour later, I go to get myself a spoon for the morning yogurt...on the way back, I find that the elevator next to the car I took to get down to the 1st fl. from the 4th fl. is, um...rather out of order - it's got a sign & the door just keep opening & closing. And acc. to the maintenance guy, the elevator that I just took to five minutes ago? Is now out of order as well.

I looked at the third car, considered the sitcheeayshun, and took the stairs to the fourth floor. Figured that was the prudent way to go, thanks.

2 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Mr. Whyt said...

The elevators at the Mechanical Engineering building (where you'd think they'd know what they're doing) at the U are crap. The building is only 6 floors, usually if you get on at 2 and push 6 you'll head up to 4/5, where there won't be anyone waiting for the elevator, you'll then go down to 1 unsummoned, back up to 3 and then if you're lucky you'll get to 6. The story that was told to me is that to save $100k on the construction of the building they went with the cheapest elevators available, since then they've spent over $1 million in service calls. The $100k they saved? went to buying plants to pretty up the hallways.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger claris said...

Figures. but hey - I'll be those are some damnably efficient oxygen-producing plants!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home