Wednesday, September 21, 2005

New Money, LA style.

You know, there's this indefinable quality that my mom used to term as cooth. Call it what you want - class, style, j'ne sais quois...it's that little bit that gives someone the last little...enth to carry off whatever they're doing & not be seen as ostentacious when others would look as though they're putting on airs.

For an example of this, please see George Clooney vs. Tom Cruise.

'nuff said.

and you really see the contrast between those two mediums in Los Angeles. One example of that is how people spend their money, and whether they show how they spent their money. Just because I got my shoes at KMart for $15 doesn't mean I'll tell anyone except my friends - it means that when asked, you respond, "You know, I can't for the life of me remember where I got them, I just love them." Let them think that I bought them at Armani Exhange...

A lot of people refer to this lack of attention to detail as "new money". Last night, I saw a prime example of this...

silver Audi TT goes by me on Wilshire. beautiful car, shiny, sparkly, whole nine yards.

Lisence plate holder:

www.123kia.com

I got mine at Glendale KIA


Riiight. that my friends, would be an example of new money. A used TT still isn't cheap, but maybe next time...you should spend the $1.50 at Wal-Mart so we don't all know you bought it used at Kia dealership. Way to go, Swifty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home