Monday, October 03, 2005

Irony sucks!

Define irony*:
*irony for me on a Saturday morning, anyway

Having accepted a gig to valet a bar mitzvah at the last minute on Fri night, you find yourself sitting outside a set of gates in Malibu. Lacking the gate code, you go to call the supervisor for the party, only to discover that not only do you need to renew your phone minutes because you're absent-minded & forgot, but due to the fact that you used your cell phone as a backup alarm clock, you have no battery, which means you can't renew your minutes over the phone & people can't even leave you voicemail msgs. until you get back to W. Hollywood & can plug your phone in.

The irony?

The interview that I did for Co. #1 in Woodland Hills? Was for a company that actually makes backup external batteries that you can hook into your cell phone, which also charges the phone while it's being used. During my interview, they actually gave me a sample for my phone.

That backup battery, a product created by a guy in Norway specifically for the situation I found myself in....was on the kitchen counter of my apt. in W. Hollywood. Way to go me!

As of last night, that backup battery is now in my glovebox. See if I can't avoid a repeat, thanks'n'g'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home