Friday, November 18, 2005

Bad credit, no credit my ass.

After about a month of attempting to shop for a car, I am coming to a sad, sad conclusion. Thanks to the first two years out of college, my credit is still of the suck, and it actually might be cheaper for me in the long run to simply drop the $1500 it would take to fix my car completely than to get a car loan & pay the 12% interest rates that I'm being quoted. And that's by the sketchy companies...let's not talk about reputable ones.

::sigh::

Me thinketh no new car for me before the end of the year. Bummer.

The only good news is that I actually know exactly how much it's going to cost me to MAKE my car legal & running, so hey...I can budget for that, right? I figure this way I won't feel bad if I do take a gig on Saturdays as a msngr., because hey - car's already at 160k miles, the extra won't kill it.

Actually, the truth of the matter is that because of the placement of Stodgy!Money!Co., I've literally cut my mileage per week in half. It's 2 miles from the boathouse, so instead of about 60 miles a day, I'm doing 30, and even on nights when I have school, I only do an extra ten miles b/c it's right up the 405 to get there. With gas prices dropping, keeping the leetle SUV won't be the death of me as it was when I was going to Pasadena every day for Ins!Co.

What will REALLY suck will be paying CA ins. prices...double what I pay now. ::sadness::

So I'm probably going to head with that plan - spend the $500 to make the car legal, then slowly fix the shocks & oil leak so that the car will actually last me another year or two, and then just go get the various bumps & dents banged out of the doors so that it looks a bit nicer...hopefully w/o a car payment to worry about (since the Clarismobile is at least paid for now) I can just pay cash the next time I go car shopping - which incidentally will most likely NOT be shopping in CA by then, which should also lower the cost of the car quite a bit. Oy.
--------------------

In other news, I'm horribly coveting Infiniti's ad campaign. not that I want to buy one of their cars, just that I love the campaign itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home