Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Corporate Fear - coming to a theatre near you.

So we've been dealing with a rather...technologically inept salesperson this week. Amongst other interesting questions, I think the topper was when she e-mailed yesterday because she'd designed a landing page all on her own, and wanted to know how she would go about activating the html for the link from the PDF she created off a PowerPoint slide.

There are so many things wrong with that sentence that all I could do was pinch the bridge of my nose, close my eyes, and take a deep breath. Okay, I took more than one deep breath.

Anyway, so we're getting that one taken care of, and I'm standing in the Snr. Dsgnr's cubicle while she writes the final e-mail. Snr. Dsgnr. hesitates, and says, "I don't know how to end this..."
Me : "You're afraid to put down 'please let me know if you need anything else'*, aren't you?"
Snr. Dsgnr : "Yes, yes I am."

*standard pleasantry when you have a job that involves sending out three versions of a file all. damn. day.

The epitome of Corporate Fear isn't losing your job, it isn't that your boss will like, hit on you, or anything that they show you in those HR training videos. Oh no no - Corporate Fear is when you're literally afraid to talk to people because you didn't want to know there was a level of inanity that's actually lower than the rock bottom we already thought we'd hit.

Did I mention that while they've ordered me a new computer that should be here by the end of the week, they're not sure how to go about getting me a trash can? Seems ordering those can take up to a month. Wacky.
---------------------

Oh, and to my Bow Seat - we so need to get you a blog....

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger R.S. Monkey said...

"Breaker...breaker...this is bow seat checking in to the stroke. Do you copy?" DAMN YOU for making me sign up for this. Now I have something new to make me look busy while I sit in front of my computer at work.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger claris said...

Sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home