Thursday, December 15, 2005

Carbs, sugar & the Internet.

Someone should really just take all of these things away from me.

Unfortunately, I'm a web designer/developer that drinks a lot of tea, & rows crew, so never mind on that ever happening.
--------------

Dear Project Mngr. L :
You're a very cool guy, & I'll probably post the link you gave me earlier this week of the Kung Fu Stick Figures at some point in my blog. However, when your creative brief calls for three print ads - full page, half page & 1/4 page...next time I really need you to specify that these ads will be run in our newspaper as opposed to say, a magazine. Because sadly, the dimensions of these two different mediums? are not the same. And now I have to go resize some shit now.

::face palm::

3 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous raithen said...

ah well. it could be worse. you could write some shit, as told to, and give it to the web person (I hesitate to use the term "designer," though in fairness, the boss has had his mitts in there. There is this one stupid arrow....) to integrate into the new site. Only to be told "well, that page is done." Um, ok. I left the office then for a while.

There may have been a discussion going on in my head about sex and traffic as I did so.

AND THEN, later, I overhear the boss telling the tech to randomly delete sections of what I wrote. Which, um, OK. but could you at least TELL me?

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger claris said...

If they have a version of the site up on a secluded test server, it is my advice that you go in there now & take screenshots of the text as you wrote it so that you'll have them as proof of work samples for your book.

I'm just sayin'.

also - no matter how much your mother whinges about the computer timeshare thing - work on your fucking resume tonight. Special K & I were just having a conversation tonight about the fact that since leaving SG, we don't know of anyone else that left with or since us & regrets it. another five people quit this week, don'cha know.

Just get out. It's easier for your brain all around.

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous raithen said...

No worries - I am right there. Actually have one interesting opportunity in the wings....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home