Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Wednesday hat trick.

1. Boss just gave me a $25 AmEx gift card for christmas.
a. pretty cool since I've only been here for about a month & esp so since I only became a "real" employee on the 16th.
b. considering the dvd of Serenity that I bought last night had a $10 coupon for buying BattleStar Gallactica S1 or S2 on it, I'd say my boss just bought me 14 hours of BSG S.1 extras.

2. Is it time to go home yet?

3. We are playing a game called "Who Dat?" at the dept. party tomorrow. as part of it, you are required to anonymously submit a fact about yourself & see who knows it. Being the miscreant I am, I of course put in "I was a whore for HBO." Now, I'm not like, ashamed of having done that, I just figured it was one of the many weird facts about my life that won't get me fired...what kind of wigs me out is the fact that I had two different co-workers ask if it was me. I mean, yeah, there must be something since I got cast & all, but considering that I was essentially cast as a 19th century opium-addicted prostitute -- yeah. Do I somehow...exude the "whore" vibe? In the workplace?

I'm kind of torn. On the one hand, it would seem I easily fold into the role of fallen-angel-esque farmgirl prostitute, so hey - bummer. On the other, I'm wondering if it might be possible to harness this power for you know, my own selfish purposes - who knows, it might come in handy on a date or something.

4 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Megdalen said...

I cannot believe it. HOW on earth did I miss the fact that you played a Deadwood whore?!?! Where was I ?!?!?!? I had no idea! That was some exciting reading, yo! Honest to Pete.

Meg

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger claris said...

are you kidding? You're kidding, right? is this Megdalen sarcasm?

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Megdalen said...

No, I mean it. I know the above post sounded like sarcasm, and I'm still back east where it's the language we speak, but I really think I missed the whole Deadwood thing. But then the whole rest of the day, parts of it seemed familiar, like the part about there not being numbers on the playing cards, and how you wore men's boots. It is bizarre. REading it felt like the first time, but vestiges of the adventure are coming back to me like a dream....was I there for the initial excitement or am I remembering it because I just read it? If it was when you first went to LA, I may have been still in the Fog 'O Grief or, having passed through that particular fire, been in the "Wicked in Love" phase where I missed everything, including the 5th season of Angel. (Thanks to Wendy and DVDs, I have now caught up. Poor Fred!) But yeah, shocker. It makes a lot of the crack whore comments make a lot more sense, tho.

Meg

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger claris said...

I think you were in the Wicked In Love stage - but good to know you just accepted the crack whore comments without context! ;)

Merry Kiss'mass btw - and just think, this year, there's no chance I'll total my mom's car on the way back from your house! Bright spot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home