Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hrm. this one is gonna have to be done in stages...

Total: seventeen dollars!
-------------

So one of my neighbors is a reiki/energy guidance type-person. I was talking to her the other night & she informed me that I have much stronger male energy than female, and in order to bring some more balance into my life, I should try to find ways to integrate a more feminine energy into my life.

::pause entry while Anya laughs::

....
::checks watch::

Bitch, aren't you done yet?

::sighs & leaves still laughing Anya behind as the rest of us move on::

Anyway, with that in mind, and since I had to bring Flat Stanley to Hollywood & Highland so that he could get pictures taken at Mann's Chinese Theatre (project for someone's kid, don't ask), I figured after I taped Stanley to a couple of surfaces & snapped pictures, I would take a wander around because if nothing else, I am lacking in clothing that isn't too large for me, so I'm thinking it's time I worked on that a scoche.

I saw some sweaters in Express that I liked, but they were all XS (end of the year clearance & all that) There was a bolero in Bebe that I would wear, but they only had it in a medium, and while I'm a medium at Gap, at Bebe I will always be an L at the best of times. Two hours. I went through Express, AE, Banana, Victoria's Secret, Lucky Jeans, a couple of the little boutiques there, and I got...

One. Pink....Tank top.

I don't even know if it's pink. It might actually qualify as peach. And I mostly got it because I don't have a lot of light-colored tanks that I can wear under work clothes & it was on sale for $10. but is it just me, or does fashion this season just...suck? It's totally impractical for my life and/or personality. While I might admit that I could expand my color spectrum outside of the normal dark blue/green/red/occasional brown or plum that I tend towards, I will never, ever be a girl that can wear ruffles or flounces. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. And prints are out - OzLady bought me one print shirt for my bday one year b/c she didn't believe my adamant adversity to prints. I tried it on, walked out of the bathroom, & looked at her. She sighed & replied, "Okay, yeah. Let's take it back & get you a gift card. No prints." heh.

I think I may have to expand my search in the Garment District beyond new drapes for the back office & get a couple yards of linen to make myself a few skirts for the spring & summer. 'cause this shit ain' right, yo.

I'm so bad at being a girl.

And stop laughing Anya. People at work are going to start to ask questions if you keep that up.

5 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous raithen said...

ya, pinks and peaches just. well. ya, for some.

Though, in my efforts to brighten my wardrobe (which still relies on browns, blacks, greens and the occasional red), I have found a coral shade and a tangerine shade that work well. But NEITHER are PINK. ;).

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anya said...

Hee. You get a grade of: F

It's so hard to be me. All purty psychotic and lovely in pink. Though, the prints thing? I'm not fond of those either.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Elayna said...

I hate the fashion at the moment. In fact I have done for a while. I can't wear pastels, I can't wear flounces, etc,

I have found a couple of shops that stock what I like, so I just shop in those :) One does the fashion in a very simplistic and classic way. The other is a surf/skater shop, and I love their tops :)

Also, peach? Just another pink :)

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Megdalen said...

And again I say, FUCK THEM ALL! You are *fabulous* at being a girl, and it's only someone else's Idea Of Femininity that keeps you down.

Meg

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger claris said...

Meg, I can't help it. Whenever you get all riled up & start cussing, I kinda laugh, 'cause I've seen it in real time, & it's so cute.

Also, I need to call you this weekend, don't I? eye=slow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home