Thursday, January 26, 2006

Zoey doesn't understand why Starbucks won't let her in.

Total: twenty-five dollars!
-------------

One does not realize the vast difference in the volume needed to drown out the background noise at the gym vs. the background noise needed to drown out the office until you turn on the Nano the next morning. Ow.
-------------

Sat down & had the "chatting about the creative process" thingy with my bosses & that charmer of a copywriter today. It was...interesting. If by interesting one means "Wow dude, that guy fell over like a house of cards....::eyes speculatively:: This isn't your first time getting busted for this shiznit at a job, is it?"

See, his problem was twofold -
1. I know exactly the kind of man you are, because I used to have you for a boss.
2. I also know enough not to make a fuss, but to have simply gone in to our boss very quietly, explained the problem, & handed her two weeks' worth of e-mails where you actually wrote down a small instructional showing how you're trying to control the whole process -- and you did this because you haven't caught on how to play the game & weren't smart enough to be wary when I asked you to start e-mailing me all of your comments because I was really busy & didn't want to forget them if you just told me.

Probably smarter though. I mean, we could go out back & have a pissing contest, but he'd just be disappointed - while he'd still be trying for distance, I'd have written my name in cursive & gone back in where it's warm. ::shrug::

I have to admit, even though I didn't actually have to do anything, or really even say anything, is it wrong that that was kinda fun?
I know, I'm such a bitch.

I will also admit, however, that this morning before I came to work, I also returned the e-mail of the Studio Recruiter. Because life has taught me to play my contingencies.
-------------

In events that don't involve corporate machinations, I got up early this morning (even when you don't have crew, you start to just .... wake up. No fair!) so in the interest of actually accomplishing accomplishable things, I gathered a bunch of mail that I'd had to drop off, & Zoey & I took a walk to the post office at 5:30 am. I figured it's two miles 'round trip, that should keep her happy. She was indeed pretty dang chipper, and probably now thinks we should do that every morning. Except you know, she'd add that we should also stop at the park. ;)

Sadly for Zoey, there's crew practice on Friday morning, so not so much with that. ah, well.

Tonight - download client's old site & burn to CD for posterity, hopefully put new site live, then invoice. Sweeeeeeeet....

Also, do paperwork to set up folders for 2006 paperwork tracking. Less sweet. ::sigh::

3 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Anonymous raithen said...

*Nods along happily*

You really are very good at this ;).

I was far too amused myself yesterday afternoon as I was 'conferenced' in on an IM conversation between the out-of-town boss and one of the techs. OoTBoss was subverting process and saying dumb things as I cackled and watched it all saved on my computer for future ammunition ;).

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger claris said...

are you crazy? Don't save that shit on your computer. Your bosses are tech guys.

Save it on a jump drive that you take home with you every night.

Der. ;)

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous raithen said...

no no no- on MY laptop. which comes home with me. Which I am typing to you on now ;)

yes, I supply my own computer... der, ya.... but anyway

 

Post a Comment

<< Home