Monday, February 13, 2006

::insert something witty here::

Total: Forty-four dollars!
-------------

Yes, true dat. January has 31 days, after all, so today would be the last day before I get to have bread again. *g*

Actually, as some of you know, I ditched some other areas of my life for 45 days too. And much like bread, I have to say after six weeks away I just... I don't need it. I'm also learning, esp after last week, what my peaks & valleys seem to be in terms of getting better control on my energy issues. I think I may actually start marking it on a calendar so I can see if there's a certain sustained cycle - what can I say, for years my friends hated me because I never got PMS, so I guess I get this instead. fantastic.
-------------

Went down to San Diego on Saturday & re-did my Feb 2k sprint. Better. Not exactly where I'd like to be, since I strayed above my stroke rate slightly, but at least something I can live with. Will post times & analyze incessantly later for my own reference - because I'm a dork like that. Also realizing that I never put my Jan times up, so it'll probably be a 2 for 1 post. I'll sit down with Coach T tonight & discuss how to approach the March sprints.

After coming back from SD, I showered, napped & then decided to get up & go do things. First I took a meander around my neighborhood & saw the people in it to get groceries, since the tiny Russian markets in West Hollywood might each be the size of a postage stamp, but their produce is way the hell cheaper than Ralph's, and since there's about 8 of them in a two block radius from my apt., I have found that just starting at Fairfax & walking down along the south sidewalk of Santa Monica is the easiest way to go before I head up to the Jon's & Ralph's on LaBrea & get the more run of the mill things. (and yes, this does mean that some of the boxes & bottles in my kitchen are not in English.)
After I got home again, I cleaned my kitchen from top to bottom, then made a big old pot of stew (Incidentally, I now also know I need a bigger stock pot - it fit, but hoo, it was close!). While that was going, I cleaned the bathroom, much to Zoey's paranoia, since normally the last thing I do before I clean the tub is toss her in for a bath - the result being that after three & a half years of this being my M.O. living by myself, whenever I go into the bathroom & start cleaning, my dog curls up in a defeated ball in the hallway & just waits for the torture to be inflicted by her mean, mean, mommy. She was spared the terrible fate this time, however, and I think that may have messed with her more than actually getting a bath. It's good for her though - keep her on her toes, leave the wee bitty guessing. Much like an Alias s. 2 & 3 plotline, I'm not just Zoey's mommy, I'm also her evyl nemesis.

Sunday was nice in that I finally got the rest of the laundry done, and managed to start on the green curtains for the back room. I got one panel fully done, and the other 3 are at about 75% completion - one of them needs the bottom stripe done, & for the other two I have to go buy more brown ribbon to reinforce the top, since I ran out. oops.
However, we did discover one neat thing - because of my habit of turning the seams out & sewing them down, I seem to have made fully reversible curtains, and both sides look cool. I couldn't decide which side I liked better, so I brought it outside to ask my neighbors (at the time, the Doorstep Opinion Board was two straight girls & a gay guy) and we were all equally stumped. It's possible I may have to do an online poll at a later date. You know, once I have pictures & all. We'll see.
-------------

I also signed up for school again this morning. Three courses this semester...
1. Intro To Computers (online course)
2. Database Management Using MS Access 2003 (online course)
3. C Programming

Now, before anyone gets on my ass for overreaching, please note that two of the courses are
a) online
b) total blowoff courses for me.

I have to take both of them, so I figure I might as well just get it over with. And, if they're anything like the Introduction to Internet Programming that I took my first semester, I really don't forsee either one being a huge trauma considering what I do for a living, thanks.

In terms of mental taxation, my only concern is the C Programming. However, I think that the best way for me to approach this is that since I'm not doing Sat am practices right now, I'm just going to designate Sat am as my school day, and go hang out there from like, 8 - 1pm every week so that I can get the C & the Access work done. It will also prevent me from having to immediately purchase a laptop. While yes, I did get the check from the CP.com job on Friday (yay customers that pay on time!), I also think I should pay my accountant to do my taxes, so in the interest of getting that done w/o feeling like I'm not putting any money in the bank, I'm going to just deposit the CP.com check for now. (well okay - I'll drop some money on my measly credit card, get a haircut at R.S. Monkey's salon, cave & buy myself a couple new sweaters1 and put the rest into my ING...but more than half goes into savings!)

also, is it a sign of sickness if I chose my on-site course based on whether or not I'd have to re-schedule my night sculling2 practices? nah....

Also after last week when the boat flooded & I had wet sneakers for two days, I really need to get a pair of these. Except probably not in yellow. 'cause um, I don't really do yellow. It's right up there with what I said to Missi last night while she sat through the slow sad torture of shopping online with me via AIM - "I just know better than to consider any garment whose only color available is one that has the classification 'primrose pink'." Yellow? same thing.
-------------

1. my wardrobe is very, very sad right now. I happened upon a couple of pairs of pants as of late that will work well, but shirts I can wear to work seem to be in short supply what with my living half a mile north of Melrose but unwilling to de-evolve to the 80s in my attire. and shoes? ::hand up:: Let's just not even talk about shoes. ::sigh:: Some bitch at Payless bought the last pair of size 10s that I wanted. (yes, they're a 4" heel, but I figure my Mudd boots are too, and at least with the cork heel, they'll actually settle & sink about an inch after I've worn them for two weeks or so. However, thanks to the woman that TOOK THEM RIGHT WHEN I WAS GOING TO...I think I may just order online.

also, wtf is this shit? I am not fighting lions, I just want a flat sandal. It's bad enough that when you're 5'9" you get Xena jokes every so often as it is. Sheesh.

and now I'm digressing in my footnotes. Let's move on.

2. Sweep rowing = one oar. This is what I normally race.
Sculling = two oars. This is what I get to learn now. yay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home