Tuesday, February 14, 2006

There is not a rose in the city.

I don't actually know that for a fact, but I'll bet they're damned hard to find. Finding roses on Valentine's Day is about as hard as finding a cab in LA on Halloween - Good. Fuckin'. Luck.
---------

Actually, I walked out of work rather dejected today, went to school, sat down, and discovered at 4:15 that the class I thought started at 5:15 actually starts at 6:45 every Tuesday. Oy. Considering that on the days I have crew (like, oh, say...Tuesdays) I get into work at 7:45 & am out by 4:15, that puts me at school at about 4:45 with two hours to burn. I think before class tonight, I'm going to go scout the school's gym facilities -- I've only been going here what, a year & a half now? Psh, might as well see what they have for facilities here. If I'm going to have two hours to myself, I might as well go for a run or do an erg session & shower before class so I can go straight home & remind my dog that yes, she does have a mommy -- I think Zoey doubts that during my school semesters.

In other news, R.S. Monkey gave me some numerically cheerful news that totally made my day & is a sign that my petty, petty ass is so going to hell. Thank you & g'night.

4 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Megdalen said...

Every time I hear the word "petty" now I no longer think of Tom Petty, but instread think of the Firefly episode where Inara calls Mal a petty thief (in English AND Chinese) and his feelings get hurt.

The Queen of Kale

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger claris said...

hee. to wrap the whole thing up in a six degrees sort of way, did you know that in Titan A.E. (written by Joss!) the main hero's name is...Kale?

Troo storeee...

and Firefly left me with the unfortunate habit of terming things as "shiny".

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Megdalen said...

I, too, have been quoting Firefly-- my most useful one is Jayne saying "that gives me an uncomfortableness." It's updated "gives me the wiggins." I wonder what Joss's next project will be?

Meg (not a Josscrackwhore...)

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger claris said...

Acc to Golden, he's got Wonder Woman (which we all knew anyway) and some other Horror movie that he's writing. Or he was about three mos. ago the last time Golden was in LA. ::shrug::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home