Monday, March 13, 2006

Bitch, I'm so good I am gangsta.

I have decided that rowing on the square is a special kind of hell when you're in a boat where everyone isn't down with the plan. Indeedy it is.
-------------

I went through my house this weekend & did what is becoming a monthly occurance - cleaning which can be classified as the "up & out" sort. I ditched about six brown bags at Out of the Closet, and then I just... kept going. Returned some stuff that I bought that was too big, dropped off my knee boots to be re-soled, picked up my hiking boots (::hug hiking boots!::), and just...did. I made a Wal-Mart run (yes, I shop at Wal-Mart), got a crapload of stuff, cleaned everything, washed everything (even the dog!)

Really, in terms of my apt needs, the only major thing that I think I need at the moment are decent shelves for my office - I like the tilt-ey ones:


But I don't want them in black - my desk & the trunk I have to go with it are a lovely deep red cherry, which while being the aforementioned lovely, is also kind of hard to match. ::sigh:: so the search continues.

On the other hand, I could get this from Staples:


But they also have one that's a tilt-ey shelf which has a filing drawer at the bottom - the upside of that being I get everything into one unit, & I can put...other stuff in my trunk. BUT it's only in black in the store.

Quandry.
-------------

The other scary thing about this week being that I have three interviews - One phone interview tomorrow morning, one in-person first interview on Wed. afternoon, & another in-person on Thurs. afternoon. It's a freakin' whirlwind, dude. I would have had four, but the one for this afternoon happened to have a scheduling conflict which is fine with me, so we re-sched. for next Monday, and I'm going to stay late tonight so that I can bug out early on Wed afternoon. (Thurs. mornings I have no practice, so I can come in early & leave early, thankfully.) While I'm sure my present boss has lovely intentions of how she'd like her department to be run, I have a small problem with my job as a designer/programmer being described to me as a "service industry role", so any chance there was of me sticking around evaporated the moment she used that as a reason why I shouldn't question what's being done with the advertising. Thankfully, by the time that little gem was given to me on Friday morning, I'd already done two interviews in the 24 hours beforehand - and two of the interviews I'm doing before Thurs are follow-ups for those.

On the one hand, in terms of response turnaround from potential employers -
Damn, it's good to be a gangsta.

On the other, in terms of managing to work all these interviews in and still maintain normal hours at the job I need to keep until I get a new one, it would seem that indeeed -
It's hard to be a pimp.

Word.

2 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Megdalen said...

Yes, but since you're pimping YOURSELF, you are both pimp AND ho. Isn't that neat?!

Meg

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger claris said...

truly, mine is an existence of conundrums. *g*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home