Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I have nothing witty to put here, so this is what you get.

Due to the fact that I have eight hours a day in which I basically do...nothing, I went to the Snr. Dsgnr. & said that hey, you need help with something, let me know. (for truly, I am a kind & generous soul. Indeed) She gave me these two e-mails that she did that just needed like, text changes. Easy peasy.

When it comes to code, I'm a bit of a snob. I admit this. I'm a handcoder. The Snr. Dsngr. uses Dreamweaver Design View.

The result?

Me opening the file, looking at the work, & having a moment straight out of Bridget Jones, complete with the utterance of, "Oh. Holy. Jesus."
And I can't fix it, because if I do & she looks at it later on, she won't know how to do anything, because the code will be completely different. So I have to leave it in all of it's horrendous shoddiness. ::sigh::
-------------

and in other exercises in patience, I cox-ed again today with the MWF group. Headed a mixed four, and I'm sure that if she gets a chance to blog today, R.S. Monkey might have a little sompin' to say about her soujourn in three seat, 'cause fuuuuuck, man. Just...I don't have words. No, wait, I've got one - fuck.
::facepalm::

Whatever. Whatever. I'm supposed to go row at LB tonight, & then with the A boat practice tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

In other news, I've got t minus a week & two days left at Money!Dot!Com, and I honestly think I may have to reprint interim business cards, because all of a sudden half of my co-workers have side projects they've been looking for a freelancer for. Shit guys, if I'd known that, I could have done half of them during work before I quit! *g*

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Galactichero said...

All the rowing terminology sort of throws me, until I figure out what's going on. That's what MWF, three seat, four seat refer to, right? I'm trying to built terminology through context. 2k. Sculling. My sister was a rower once... I should know at least some of this...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home