Monday, March 20, 2006

Oh...shit.

Tonight, I have to go out on the date from my bachelorette auction. Honestly, I knew that Scolio had bought tickets for tonight, but I hadn't heard back from The Boy That Bought Me, so I figured he'd decided to blow it off.
However, I just got an e-mail going, "See you at 6:45 tonight!"

Fuck. How long do hockey games last, anyway? Because with this new addition...allow me to outline my schedule from when I got up until about 10 pm tomorrow night:

Monday
4:30 am - get up
5:20 am - practice
6:20 am - work
3:00 pm - leave work
4:00 pm - refresher interview at Aquent (agencies have such junior recruiter turnover that when you're not on the rolls for a few months, you have to go re-meet all the juniors all over again.)
5:00 pm - hopefully be done & head home
5:30 pm - make self semi-presentable
6:00 pm - leave house, head to downtown
6:45 pm - meet up at TBTBM's house
7:30 pm - game
11:00 pm - done? How long does a hockey game last, anyway?
midnight - home, if I'm lucky.
- pack gym bag
- pack lunch
- maybe sleep

Tuesday
4:30 am - get up
5:20 am - A Boat practice - i.e., make best effort not to look like a fuckup.
7:30 am - call Golden
8:00 am - work
4:15 pm - leave work
4:45 pm - get to school
- do whatever homework is left over
- send out e-mails for freelance work
6:45 pm - C programming class
9:45pm - finish class
10:30 pm - get home
- pack gym bag
- pack lunch
11:30 pm - sleep

Wednesday
4:30 am - get up
5:20 am - B Boat practice which is gonna be a fucking 2k erg test!
7:45 am - work
4:15 pm - leave work
5:00 pm - gym
7:30 pm - get home

Translation: I am fuuuuuuuuuucked. that list doesn't even include all the ten million other little things that I need to get done, like stop at the bank, and remind my dog she has a mommy, and, and...sleep! ::sob!::

If my posts become increasingly incoherent between now & Wed., please see this entry as explanation. Thank you.

11 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Anonymous raithen said...

I am a failure as a Canadian and have limited patience for hockey. But I know this: there are 3- 20 minute periods. Assuming no overtime, that is 1 hour of actual play, with the usual bevy of time outs and stuff that stop the clock. Plus two intermissions (about 20 mins each, i think). Plus, national anthems/getting in and out etc.

So ya, 2 or 2 1/2 hours is prolly about right.

Also, remember hockey=blood sport. Not for the faint of heart!

who are the kings playing, anyway?

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Mr. Whyt said...

Ditto on the 2-2.5 hours. As an aside: The Kings suck!. They're playing Colorado, who coincedentally, also suck!.

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous raithen said...

Mr. Whyt. I'm a Canadian. With Edmontonian heritage. The Kings STOLE Gretzky. Even I, who am a Bad Non-Hockey Crazy Canadian, cannot support the Kings as a result. Mind you, after the Olympics, perhaps we should just donate Gretzky to la-la land for good ;).

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger claris said...

Um, I didn't pick the game - he bought my time, he gets to pick the game.

I just felt the need to state that before it got ugly. ;)

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous raithen said...

are you calling us for high sticking, ref?

*snerk*

have fun! and enjoy the company of tbwby! ;)

also, sneak catnaps in if the game gets (boring) - what, no < s > tags? wuwt, blogger?!- exciting! if he's a real hockey fan, he'll never notice!

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Mr. Whyt said...

Raithen: I'm an Edmontonian. I won't blame the Gretzky trade on the kings but on Pocklington, that guy was a greedy mofo. And Gretz wasn't the only thing wrong with the Olympic team, what was Bertuzzi doing on that team? Where was Spezza?

Claris: It won't get ugly, we're agreeing that the Kings suck. And, you're meeting the guy at his place? I realize he bought you but he could show a little classs and pick you up.

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous raithen said...

A.men. re: Pocklington. and the Olympic team. And *sympathies* on all the late season snow.... You dug out yet?

And how had I not clued to the fact that you were in Edmonton? (I'm in Southern BC, btw).

See, Claris, we can play nice ;).

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous raithen said...

you aliiiive??

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger claris said...

Alive. Not axe-murdered.

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous raithen said...

oh, good. ;).

despite my bitchier tendencies, and my occasional indiscretions (still sorry 'bout that, btw!) I would actually be sorry if you got yourself axe murdered. And the frightening thing is? with you? I worry that that is not just a mere speculative possibility ;).

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Galactichero said...

How can anyone not like hockey? The kings do suck, btw, but Gretzky ain't there no more. In fact, he went to the blues for half a season, then the rangers, then retired, then managed the canadian team, and now coaches the coyotes (and managed the canucklehead team again). Gretz went with the $$$, and left a small market for a biiiiiig market, and as a result doubled the size of the league with his mere presence. How can you hold THAT against the man? Now, the whole lying about his wife being a criminal thing... THAT is a problem...

So, if people buy you, doesn't that... isn't it illegal? I always wondered about those things. I guess as long as there's no sex, it's not prostitution, but what about the 13th amendment? I guess I should know this, but ... how often do I contend with it really?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home