Thursday, March 23, 2006

Very tired. But not 'cause of the last post.

Actually the whole dang schedule got thrown out of whack thanks to my car, Serenity.
Tues afternoon, I leave Money!Dot!Com! & start for school, when Serenity just goes...apeshit. Stalling out, the temp gauge going up, but the car no overheating... ::sigh:: It's had an electrical glitch for a bit that my mechanic's been trying to find over the last month whenever I could give up the car for a Sat am or a weekday afternoon, but I'd been planning on just renting a car on Fri to give it to them for a full day & getting all this shit over with. It seems Serenity wanted to take Wed off instead.

So we did. For the first time since I started at Money!Dot!Com! six mos. ago, I called out & took a sick day. Didn't even go to practice.

Instead, I cleaned the apt a little, including putting together a couple of packages that need to be mailed out, doing some filing, and ::trumpets here:: dusting & polishing not only the furniture, but my hardwood floors. Poor Zoey. heh. And since that was done, and my desk looked SO pretty...

I spent the next six hours re-shooting my portfolio. I've needed to do it for a while anyway, and I've got most of the other things for my portfolio site re-launch done, so hey... why not. Also, I discovered that if you only want Target to develop your film & put it on CD, they'll only charge you $3.99 for the CD. Dude. Sign. Me. Up!

However, because I am a workaholic, I have about ten rolls of film. Between that & the fact it took six hours, I have decided I need to be less prolific.

Oh, and it turns out that the problem was a broken censor - they just had to figure out which one it was. Part's on order, should all be fixed Monday. I'd rather $200 for a censor than $1200 for a new transmission, so hey - sweet.

Meanwhile, since I got a call from the interview I did last week...tomorrow I'm gonna give notice at my job. Gah!

3 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous raithen said...

Boo for tired!

Yay for cheap repairs!

WHOO FREAKIN' HOO! for New Job! ;)

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Mr. Whyt said...

Your car is named Serenity? Did you stop and think "given my life, what are the odds that this will be ironical in the future?" when you named her?

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger claris said...

Actually, I renamed her that in honor of her becoming California legal. My reasoning being that much like her namesake, my car is at times only moving by sheer force of will of the pilot, and almsot everything BUT the primary buffer panel has been replaced. (Mostly because as far as I know, '98 Kia Sportages don't have primary buffer panels - if they do, I don't want to know.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home