Monday, May 08, 2006

Note to self: You work on a live server.

Yes, really. ::hand up:: I didn't set it up, don't get me started.

Lemme 'splain. I was copying from Event A to create Event B, but while I'd made the Event B pages, they still have the Event A elements. However, because I was trying to field our writer about this bloody PR firm, I was a dumbass and didn't switch in the Event B parts to the Event B pages, and just started working - and because each instance is interconnected, because I was working on Event A parts, it showed up on Event A pages.

Event A has been live for over a week now, so those eff-ups were live on the internet as well.

Thankfully, I only got about ten minutes into the process before I realized this, went "OH GOD NO!" called the vendor's help desk & fixed everything, but still. If that's not a heart attack in a box, I dunno what is. ::sigh::

Did I mention that I was also trying to start to screencap & write the internal user manual for the setup process while doing this? Yeah, I stopped that part, thanks.

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Mr. Whyt said...

I have a feeling that if understood anything of what you jsut posted a hale and harty laugh at your expense would be in order.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home