Sunday, June 04, 2006

Define..."dismay"

dis·may:
1. To destroy the courage or resolution of by exciting dread or apprehension.
2. To cause to lose enthusiasm; disillusion: was dismayed to learn that her favorite dancer used drugs.
3. To upset or alarm.
or....

4. The moment you realize that the set of things that you THOUGHT were canvas drawers from IKEA were actually the frame, & you still have to go back to buy the drawers if you want to get your closet in order.

dammit!

eta: Luckily, my neighbor Maggie made this better by depositing a glass of red wine in my hand and telling me that as long as I had something to wear to work for Monday, I could probably leave my laundry until tomorrow. After half of her generously-sized glass of red wine, I'm thinking she's right. ::sigh::

3 Comments:

At 3:03 AM, Blogger Galactichero said...

Not to be a parade stormer, but weren't you talking about alanon?

You actually own things from IKEA?

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger claris said...

alanon from the joy of my parental units. Anyone that knows me will tell you it's actually quite rare that I'm the one with a drink in hand.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Galactichero said...

Just checking. I would point out that you thought you had a problem and described alcohol making it go away...

I'm setting up my shiny new blackberry. What a gimmicky POS. But it looks cool...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home