Monday, June 19, 2006

the next time I get a flat tire, can I call you?

--> what you say to your friend when you discover they actually have the initials AAA - no joke.

In other news, I have eaten the following today:

• Bagel with cream cheese
• way too many mini-Twix(es)
• fruit salad
• sour cream & onion Pringles

Clearly, my life has no nutritional value. Thankfully, I have a sport where the coach assigns you an hour & a half of cardio three times a week, so we'll see if I can't make up for the damage I did today later on tonight.
---------

I am, for the first time in my life, slated to go boogie-boarding sometime this week. (I should really check the when of that. Hrm) One of my friends (yes, the one who I will probably call to change my tire) is in town & after the last time he was in town & got traumatized when he found out that I've lived in LA for almost four years & spent no significant time at the beach, requires me to go learn bodysurfing. Which is fine.

Until I realized I don't even own a swimsuit.

So there I am, sighing at the inevitable trauma of shopping, when I walk through Target & see... board shorts. Dude. Black board shorts & a sports bra, & Momma's got a new pair of metaphorical shoes!

As for how the Claris Trying Bodysurfing goes... I'm less optimistic.

3 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Anonymous JQ said...

You don't own a swimsuit?? What??? What do you crew in? Don't you get all wet? You can swim, right? ;) Also, it's boogie boarding, not body surfing. The former is easier. :)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger claris said...

shoosh on you, I can swim - and no, we don't row in bathing suits, thankyouverymuch. We row in workout clothes - do you see them wearing bathing suits when they row at the Olympics? Nope!

Also, we're going on Sat, right? It's possible I got paranoid that I was forgetting to meet you tonight, because, well, I'm a goober....

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous JQ said...

I am having much trouble posting from this computer. Maybe this time it'll work.

No, I don't see them in bathing suits at the Olympics, but that's because I don't watch the Olympics, and in fact didn't know there was Olympic rowing. Seems like they must get really wet.

Also, not meeting yesterday. Obviously. ;) Friday's natural habitat day, and Saturday's tentative beach day, yes? I'm gonna go buy a board tomorrow. Mayhap at Sport Chalet. Next door to which there's a place called Tilly's that's having a sale on swimwear. Mayhap I'll give up on the internets and call tomorrow....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home