Thursday, June 15, 2006

Product of American society, thanks.

Description:
5'10" white girl from the Northeast, brown hair, blue eyes

Clothing:
black cargo capris, green baby-doll-ish T, black 40's style heels, little black bolero sweater - called "California pin-up chic" by fabulously gay neighbor & his partner (dunno why, but that description amuses me)

Music:
Head bobbing to "Jump Around" by House of Pain

Office reaction for the day:
exclamation of "What the fuck?" upon the discovery that our volunteer director decided to circumvent the marketing dept, went into our email blast system & sent out an email all on her own before leaving the office for NY - unfortunately, this brilliant maneuver has the wrong event date on it!
we'll know when R.S. Monkey gets around to catching up on her reading, because her gasp of horror when she reads that last sentence will be really audible.

Current mood:
::hand up:: Oh, let's just not even talk about it, people. Just. No. Don't go there.

All this in one package. Indeedy, it's a wonder I'm still single.

4 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Galactichero said...

It may be that I am running on less than 8 hours of sleep in the last 5 days, but I found that amusing. Is there some cohesive point you were making that I missed though? Just -- "this is what America made" ...

The office reaction of the day at my office was when I was asked where we should go through the photos in a particular file and I said "Let's just do it on the conference table," causing the paralegal to become incoherent with laughter. I had to have her explain what was funny, but in retrospect, it was pretty funny.

How much rowing do you do exactly, that rowing on the right or the left matters? Why is the port the right? Does that have to do with the direction of travel?

"
Dictionary.com
port2 Audio pronunciation of "port" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pôrt, prt)
n.
The left-hand side of a ship or aircraft facing forward. Also called larboard.
"

I used to canoe a lot. Port is left. LEFT. The other right seat. Sleep deprivation humor.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Megdalen said...

I thought you were sort of blondish? Hmph.

Meg

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger claris said...

well by NE standards, I'm blond-ish. But in CA, the land of Hair that Comes from Bleach in a Bottle, I'm brown-haired. ;)

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Galactichero said...

Buy some bleach then...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home