Monday, June 05, 2006

who ARE you & why are you SO FREAKIN DUMB?

Today's subj line brought to you by one of my sister's favorite things to yell while driving on 93 & 95 South. If you don't know why, that's all right. I know Megdalen understands.

So... I wrote this list.

It was a very simple list that was in an email which (i'm not kidding) began with the sentence:
Since there seems to be some confusion about what the details of the event are and where we are in the online setup process, I've made a list of what I've been able to keep track of so far...." rah rah corporateSpeak after that

There were then the parts of the email titled:

1. In-Process
which, as you may have guessed, was a numbered outline of the steps so far, and a notation as to what the status of them were

2. Done
Guess what parts I listed here.

3. Source material still needed.
Go on, you know you wanna take a crack at what this part is about.

And yet, someone still walked up to my desk and said, "So, I saw your email, & I'm just wondering exactly what it is you need from me."

::blink::

That? ::points at the above line:: was literally my response. It was a full half-minute before I could respond, I was so taken aback. Ralph Wiggam at the height of his glue-eating day could understand that list. But I was good. I stopped, and I pulled up the email, and I actually pointed to the color coded sections & explained, "the list. I need what's on that list."

"ahhhhh." and then they retreated.

Seriously, I can't make this shit up.

6 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous MrWhyt said...

Seriously, I can't make this shit up.

I dunno I have the sneaking suspicion that your life is in fact, full of sunshine and roses and that your stories of workplace ineptitude are mere fabrications designed to amuse your friends.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Galactichero said...

... between alanon meetings and margaritas ...

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger R.S. Monkey said...

There's no WAY she's making this up. I live through the same eye-brow raising situations every damn day. Welcome to working for any Altruism!Co.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger claris said...

Yes, I knew R.S. Monkey would have my back. This moment is also known as the "If we were in real corporate, you would so be fired by now" moment.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Megdalen said...

And AFTER that traffic experience, it is completely appropriate to say to your friend, "So this guy cut me off on 93 today. I was friggin' bullshit!!!"

Medgalen
Not Friggin' Bullshit, nor Wicked Friggin Bullshit
But possibly wicked pissah

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger claris said...

the only way it could have been worse is if they'd caused you to spill your large Dunkin' Donuts extra extra - 'cause then, ALL bets are OFF.

hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home