Thursday, July 06, 2006

Do I get credit for being half-productive?

I woke up at about 1:30 this morning, & was all, "I'm going to do work! And get things done! And not have to worry about it!"

...and then I spent the last half hour before practice culling my Nano & uploading new CDs - but before that, I was working. Totally, totally working. Really!
---------------

Will be gone this weekend in Sacramento for Regionals. And considering that we got lineups...Monday, I would like to state that I have never been so happy not to be stroke in my entire life. Due to G's crafty but in retrospect kind of obvious plan of having me spend a month sculling so that when he "decided" to make me starboard it would be an easier transition, I haven't sprinted at all this season, so the thought of sitting stroke in the Mighty Four at Regionals was kind of freakin' me out, especially since there was going to be a definite lack of practice time. I mean, shit, when we were in distance season, I used to sit on the erg the night before a race & go through the race pace for about 2 or 3k so that I'd feel like I knew what I was doing the next day, so you can imagine how my Preparation-Requiring Brain Pan was doing with the sitcheeaychun for Sunday - I emailed the other three going, "So, are we gonna practice? Like, maybe once? Please? ::insert hopeful look borne of fear here::"

Instead, Beavis is sitting stroke, and I say have at it, because all I have to do is follow in both of my races on Sunday, which is fine by me! Plus they're only 1ks, which are like a walk in the park, especially when you've got about two hours between them. Sam's doing five races on Sunday, and I'm calling "Crack-Baby!" on that. Here's hoping for her sake they're all finals, or she could be doing up to ten with heats. oy to the vey.
---------------

However, I still have to do roughly ten bajillion things today, including calling to cancel my therapy appt for tonight b/c I'm taking SpecialK & Her Boy to the airport tonight. So, basically, I'm so overloaded that I don't have time for my own mental health. I'm sure there's commentary in that somewhere, but I won't have a chance to write about it until sometime next week... If only I had a laptop, or a car that would drive itself so I could do work on my way up to the races this weekend - hey, wait. We're in the future now, why the hell don't I have an auto-pilot car? If I didn't have to go to a meeting right now, I'd totally write a letter chock full of self-righteous indignation about that.

::falls over::

3 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous MrWhyt said...

We're in the future now, why the hell don't I have an auto-pilot car?

Auto-pilot car pfft. I was promised a flying car. Where's my flying car!!

Also: kick ass at the races.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger claris said...

heh. I'll be happy if we place at the races. R.S. Monkey & I will each readily admit that while we've been doing all right, we've been doing all right in our own little bubble of racing. As Sabrina joked at the 4th of July party, you think you're doing okay, and then you get to Regionals & Nationals, look around & go, "Holy shit, who are all you people and how do you go that fast?"

hee.

Plus our coaching staff rented an RV for the weekend because G couldn't deal with the possibility of missing the World Cup finals, so I know where we're drinkin' once we've done our races! Woot!
(the important thing is that we've got a plan)

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Galactichero said...

"So, basically, I'm so overloaded that I don't have time for my own mental health."


You have mental health? You don't need autopilot cars, you're lucky enough as it is...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home