Monday, August 21, 2006

Dammit, the yellow should be Mac, the green Dell! Why do you not work right anymore! ::shakey fist::

The good:
• Both my Mac & my PC are now connected to the Internet, thank you ATT/SBC/Yahoo/
WhateverMeglomaniacalMonolithOfACorporation - INowOweMySoulToForInternetAccess
...also, I will get my rebate on my new multiSystem DSL modem in approx 10 - 12 weeks. Don't work too hard there, guys.

• I have also taken my very large boxy old monitor that I bought with the Mac five years ago and brought it out to my car so it can go to Out Of the Closet this afternoon. (The Mac has been heavily upgraded over the last five years... the monitor... not so much)

The bad:
• While the switch that I'd bought for a whopping $60 from Best Buy so that I could use my one flat screen for both hard drives worked great for about a day & a half, it decided to STOP working around 5:30 pm yesterday. I do not know why, but I'm thinking that it's going back to Best Buy tomorrow night, and I'm just going to order a generic from Staples.com, which is what I should have done in the first place but was stupid & went to Best Buy because I could just walk there from my house.

Why do I not go & ask the BestBuy geeks to take a look at WHY it stopped working? because I learned a long time ago that the moment you say, "Mac" - the guys go, "Oh, well that's your problem" - even though they now sell macs in their store One day it's possible that one day, when asking for an adapter for something, I got that answer and finally just snapped, "Okay, you know what? I've done tech support, and that's not an acceptable fucking answer."
--------------------

Actually, the sad thing about the whole rewiring of the back of my desk is that to get to my desk without hindrance, I had to clean up my office. And in cleaning up (&, admittedly, cleaning out) my office, I cleaned up the living room, and then the kitchen, and put all my laundry away... so in essence, I had to clean my whole apt. in order to rewire my computer(s). And that doesn't even take into account the shelves next to my computer(s), 'cause oy. They're still not done. ::sob::

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Brian D. said...

I know the feeling. To rearrange something on my desk involved a lot of cleaning. I still have a box of stuff I don't know what to do with.

I admit I don't know Macs, but I would never say the Mac was the problem. I would admit, "We just don't work with Macs so I can't really say what the issue is."

Gargh!!!..tech support bad old days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home